This delicious spread can be for waffles, pancakes, or crackers. I created this recipe during my days on Body Ecology Diet (B.E.D.) to heal a yeast infection and horrible gut issues. One of the principles of this way of eating is food combining; which I did to a “T” and now help others to do with my nutritional support.
My boys were young at the time and loved waffles and pancakes, yet I was stumped how to top them. What kind of spread would be a good food combination and taste good and not feed the excess yeast, bacteria, and viruses so many people are trying to get in balance?? Enter creamy carrot butter …. simply delicious and healthy all at once.
Creamy Carrot Butter
5 cups carrots, cut in 1″ chunks
1 cup water
1 1/2 heaping tbsp. kuzu, dissolved in 2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. flax oil, ghee, cultured butter (optional)
2 pinches of sea salt
- Place carrots, water and salt in a pot with a steamer insert.
Bring to slow boil, cover, and steam for about 20 minutes.
Puree carrots in a blender with 1/2 cup of the cooking broth.
Place carrot puree back into cooking pot.
Dissolve kuzu in cool water and mix in with the carrot puree.
Reheat over low heat, stirring occasionally until bubbly and thick.
Cool slightly and place in fridge, where it’ll keep for a week.
- Use a pressure cooker instead of steamer; use only 1/2 cup water and cook 10 minutes once pressure rises.
- Delicious topped on flax crackers or my buckwheat waffles.
- Kuzu must be heated to thicken properly, so don’t skip this step.
- This recipe is safe for those on stage 1 of The Body Ecology Diet
This blog post may contain affiliate links, read here to learn more.
May all bellies be happy!