Many people feel more energized when they start the day with animal protein and these muffins certainly can do the trick. Others like a bowl of porridge with hemp seeds and a side of steamed bok choy. Go with what has you feeling good 💜
Savory Egg Muffins
4 pastured eggs
Sea salt, to taste
1 handful of red pepper, minced
1 Tbsp. basil or parsley, chopped fine
Handful of leafy greens, chopped fine
Half of an onion, chopped fine
Sauteed meat of choice, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil or ghee.
- Mix the eggs with the salt, basil, leafy greens, onion, and meat – if using.
- Pour mixture into greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
- These food combine well with non-starchy vegetables (i.e. carrots, asparagus).
- If your eggs are not runny enough, add in 1-2 teaspoons of water.
- Want more protein? Sliver in some lightly sauteed meat and toss it in.
- Delicious with creamy broccoli-fennel soup and green salad for an easy to digest meal.
- Now is a fine time to practice the 80/20 principle.
- Delicious served with a dollop of pesto and side of unsalted cultured vegetables.
- Perfect protein-rich snack for those on stage 1 of The Body Ecology Diet (B.E.D)
This blog post may contain affiliate links, you can read here to learn more.
May all bellies be happy!