This vibrant dressing is reminiscent of a good Caesar without the anchovies. Pure decadence whipped into a rich, creamy texture to soothe the soul. This is a great way to spice things up when you are on a healing protocol like The Body Ecology Diet (B.E.D.); the trick is always in the condiments 😉
1 avocado, ripe
2-3 tbsp lime juice, fresh
2 tbsp avocado oil
½ tsp mustard
1 garlic clove
½ tsp cumin powder
½ – ¾ cup pure water
- Place all ingredients, except the water, in a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Slowly add water until it reaches a dressing consistency.
- Taste and add more sea salt if needed; some like up to ½ tsp.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tips & Tricks
- Substitute cold-pressed flax or olive oil for avocado oil.
- Add less water for a thicker sauce; add even less water for a dip-like texture.
- Delicious served with crispy millet croquettes.
- Beautiful accent when topped on green salad with diced red pepper and cucumbers.
“You can’t make everyone happy, you’re not an avocado.”
This blog post may contain affiliate links, read here to learn more.
May all bellies be happy!